Hailing from Miami is booming artist BenFrank Dro! In search of a better life, BenFrank and his parents relocated to the states to bring their dreams to life. Taking pride and tapping into his Haitian heritage, Dro doesn’t shy away from his roots! Reflecting on his past, the musical storyteller lays true to himself and the music.
Growing up in the streets of Miami, life became difficult at times and was often full of adversities. At a young age, BenFrank developed a promising passion through his lyricism. As a result, he used his experiences to fuel his music and create an outlet. Rap was a means for him to escape the harsh realities of life.
BenFrank Dro Delivers New Music
Honing his craft over the years, the Miami-bred musician commands the recognition he deserves for his dominating beats and authentic lyrics. Which hit strongly to all fans – new and old. His lyrical language is bold and innovative, while being fresh and relatable.
In fact, his hot new self-titled EP, BenFrank is one of his greatest pieces of work to date. His 7-track project resonates with listeners worldwide including his lead single, “Stay In Yo Lane”. Following up the trendy track, are raving records “I Get It”, “100s”, “Zoe”, while wrapping up the album with “Want It All”. Laced with seven sizzling singles and 20 minutes of real rhymes, his latest offering makes for a pleasant listen.
Overall, BenFrank Dro is a remarkable rising rhymer who has emerged from the shadows of darkness to shine brightly. Don’t believe me? Press play on the full project below. Lastly, take a look at our dope interview with BenFrank Dro! You won’t want to miss it! Let us know what you think!
The BenFrank Dro Interview
- Hey BenFrank! Thank you for chopping it up! Please tell me who BenFrank Dro is and where it all began…
BenFrank is your Miami Zoe. Grew up there… I’m just that dude, at the end of the day. The flyest fat motherfucker in the game…. I’m all good energy… Life is too good for the Bullshit.
- How do you put pen to paper? What’s your creative process like?
Really I just do it in my head…. I try to get myself in a zone, like, I just act like I’m on stage. I put myself as if I’m in the moment. It’s a vibe, I listen to the beat. Once I feel the beat, I get excited.. I gotta feel it and then it all comes straight from the head.
BenFrank: The EP
- You recently dropped off your self-titled, debut project, BenFrank — what inspired or influenced its curation?
It was time I put music out. It was a need to showcase my energy. I like to get money. I like to have a good time and I’m not trying to stop. I’ve been through a lot in my life, I ain’t wasting it
- How long did it take to complete the project?
I recorded for a couple of months just kicking it with SL the Don and other bomb producers but it was about the vibe.. then we took some of those records and made a project.
- Following up the dope 7-track album, you released the visuals for its lead single “Stay In Yo Lane”. With a slew of hit singles, what made this single stand out most to you?
It’s the concept of Stay in Yo Lane. Its something that I learned. Everybody needs to stay in their lane. If you stay in your lane, stay focused, you have less problems. People try to be in folks business or try to do what others do and really it’s about focusing on you. So I focus on me. Like if you dumb, stop trying to be in school, do something else.
- With that being said, I know this will be tricky…I know every song you make is a personal favorite ; but is there a personal favorite record or go-to record for you on the new release? If so, why?
“Want it All”… Its something that I been saying since I was a jit. Something I always keep working towards and I’m gonna keep getting mine
- Being Miami-bred, what are your thoughts on the current Miami music scene? How would you say it differs from about 10 years ago?
Miami has always been different. Miami artists always had to work extra hard.. From 10 years ago, its me out here. BenFrank is on the scene. On the real, Miami has always had talent and it has always had a sound but like. One thing that hasn’t changed is the hustle of the music game down here.
- Eager to hear more of you in the new year, what’s next for BenFrank Dro?
New music, more shows, more money, everything is coming, folks are really gonna know me.. Expect it all.. merch music and that vibe!
- Lastly, is there a message you’d like to leave with fans?
Stay in Yo Lane…. Ain’t nobody a better you than you!